NC camping is a four season experience with year round activities. Winters at CarrollWoods average in the lower 60’s and campers can enjoy many area activities and Christmas shows. Summers can be hot but the beach is close by and the Atlantic ocean breeze and waves are steady. Fall and spring are many of our guests favorite time to camp at CarrollWoods and for camping in NC. The cool fall weather is perfect of great campfires, sweaters and smores. In the spring, the gardens at the vineyard pop with new life. One thing you will have to camp elsewhere in NC it find is snow as we seldom see any. Sorry to the snow lovers.
CarrollWoods is camping on the NC state line and has the benefit of being in the middle of two great areas. Shopping, golf, restaurants, shows and the nightlife of the large urban area known as Myrtle Beach are a short drive from your NC campsite. For those who prefer the quieter side of NC camping check out the NC beaches for an area that is more underdeveloped, out of the hustle and bustle and pristine.
Campgrounds in NC are plentiful and there are over 500 in the state. This is a state that knows how to enjoy our outdoor activities. Carrollwoods is of course in our opinion the best, but we know you want to try others. Wherever you choose to pitch your tent or park your rig, camping in NC will be an experience you will not soon forget.
Here is a list of my favorite thing about NC Camping
1. NC Camping has 4 great seasons of great weather.
2. NC Camping near the beach is great. My favorite beach is Sunset Beach.
3. NC Camping is in the South, and most of the folk here are very welcoming to newcomers from up North.
4. NC Camping in the winter is not that crowded, like FL.
5. NC Camping in the winter does not use that much propane due to our temps
6. NC Camping is not that expensive especially when your snowbirding
7. NC Camping is known for lots of great seafood, waterfalls, camping, and relaxing.