Just a word about SC beach camping. Be warned, sea mist from camping directly on the beach can be very bad for your camper. Salt water gets carried by the air and wind and will get into all areas of your camper and will quickly cause rusting. If you do choose to camp on the beach wash your rig every day. SC Beach camping is a lot of fun but there are benefits to camping at a campground in the Western area off the beach and driving over to the beach rather than parking your RV right in the sea mist for a week.
Here is a list of my favorite thing about SC Camping
1. SC Camping has 4 great seasons of great weather.
2. SC Camping near the beach is great. My favorite beach is Cherry Grove.
3. SC Camping is in the South, and most of the folk hear are very welcoming to newcomers.
4. SC Camping in the winter is not that crowded.
5. SC Camping in the winter does not use that much propane
6. SC Camping is not that expensive, except right on the beach (watch out for sea spray rust).
7. SC Camping is known for lots of great festivals, golf, camping, and relaxing.
SC Hiking, Hiking Trails
- Congaree National Park – 5 trails
- Foothills Trail Conference – 76-mile woodland path along the Blue Ridge Escarpment in northwestern SC
- Little River Blueway Outdoor Adventure Area – McCormick County
– Trail maps – click, then scroll down
- Palmetto Trail – 400+ miles
– Trail maps – scroll down and click on specific passage
- South Carolina Hiker’s Handbook
- South Carolina State Trails Program
– Trails map – click on county then click on trail for detailed info